Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More then one of the people in these apartments does not pick up after their dog. Now Zody had decided one of the dog's poop would make a tasty snack if I'd only let him eat it:mad: If I'm right about the dog it comes from, and I'm about 99% sure that I am, then that dog has just been treated for heartworms. Oh goody, the worry that the chemicals they pumped that dog full of might now be in the poo has been added. Does anyone know if that's a legitimate worry?

I've got a plan though, I'm about ready to bag up the offending people's dog's poop and drop it off at the people's front door with a nice note that says "I noticed that your dog dropped this and thought you might like it back!" Seriously the apartment complex is starting to look like a dog park gone bad due to these slobs.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Do it! It annoys the heck outta me when people don't pick up after their dogs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know it's annoying, but I would try to talk to the person first. It might be a kid or something, and personally, if it were me, I would want to settle things calmly first, then gradually get more aggressive if they do not stop. Some people (not all) are very reasonable.

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's annoying, but I would try to talk to the person first. It might be a kid or something, and personally, if it were me, I would want to settle things calmly first, then gradually get more aggressive if they do not stop. Some people (not all) are very reasonable.

I've seen management talk to them and they'll clean up for a few weeks then go right back to leaving it. They do not care if you're standing right there watching them they'll still leave it. One of the rules for having a dog and living here is that the person must clean up after it. These people simply do not care. The one with the dog treated for heartworm seems to be worse then the other ones, she's allowing the dog to poo on the pathway, and in the parking lot, and leaving it laying there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alrighty then. Go about your plan then, but they might retaliate so be careful. I just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna jump the gun too soon, that's all! I always think it's better to try to talk about problems first, but you've already done that, so good luck!

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty then. Go about your plan then, but they might retaliate so be careful. I just wanted to make sure you weren't gonna jump the gun too soon, that's all! I always think it's better to try to talk about problems first, but you've already done that, so good luck!
Never said I was going to implement my plan. I've had it for about half a year now, and still have not done so. I've got pretty good self control, and really do not like to start trouble with my neighbors, if I did, years ago, I would have started a sound with with the ones who enjoyed blasting their music after 12am.

I normally don't get quite so annoyed, but when the problem may affect the health of my dog I go into mother bear mode:rolleyes:

Reactions: Kwenami and crazy

·
Registered
214 Posts
So frustrating! Maybe let the manager know? And instead of leaving poop at their door, leave a note explaining your concerns?

I don't know why, but in the last month I've seen dog poop EVERYWHERE! It's so frustrating, I often walk on the grassy boulevard next to the sidewalk as I encourage my dogs to do their business, and their are endless piles of it lately. So many irresponsible owners. :(

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Sounds just like my neighbors! I know how frustrating it is.

My last apartment even had poop bag dispensers and trashes around the complex and there would be poop literally right next to them. It was ridiculous. It's no wonder most landlords don't allow pets- most owners are so lazy and irresponsible!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I really don't miss living in an apartment. I think the music blaring after midnight and yelling, screaming, fighting people was worse than the dog poop. Though that was annoying too. I use to clean up the area I took my dogs out to do their business. Even where I am know, people don't clean up after their dogs. It's no wonder some people yell at dog owners about picking up after their pets, even when we(responsible dog owners) do. They must see a dog and just assume you're not going to clean up after it. It's not right, but I kind of get it.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
my next door neighbours and put in mind its family! hardly pick up thier dogs poo! (sure hope they dont decide to join this forum and see this ) on wed i texted brother to ask him very nicely to pick up the dogs poo as mr green probably coming late tommorow afternoon, he only not long been (friday morning) so was half a day late but i was knackered too.

mr green was so so disgusted! there was dog poo everywhere(i let dog out 2 days ago and he struggled to find a place to pee without stepping in poop) they hadnt picked up at all! now few months after they moved in they told me to text them when he is coming so they can pick it up as its embarrrsing and humilating to see he been and its not picked up. So i do that and i did so 2 days ago and still they didnt! other times they have and sometimes havent.

TBH once i move overseas at least i wont have to tell them when mr green comes! Jessie mostly poops at parents who clean it up with the labs poo so i can get away with every few days to a week without picking it up but i sure make sure i do my best despite overgrown grass to pick up any poo from Jessie!

Rang dad and said they never goign to sell that place or get good offers for brother place because theres dog poo everywhere in the garden! and how disgusted mr green and i are.

not even going to text my brother the grass been cut and going to let them notice and be embarrsed and humilated to see if teaches them a lesson

Reactions: Rain

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
please note soon brother will have three dogs to take care of and pick up 3 dogs poo ive grave concerns about picking up all that poo....

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
You should get the owner/manager of the apartment involved, as they certainly have a vested interest in having their tenants that have dogs act responsibly. If you are absolutely sure who the offender is, and after asking them to clean up after their pets, with no improvement, how about a newsletter naming the offender. Would be best if you had a photo of the owner ignoring the dogs 'gift' accompanying the news letter article.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have several new families in the neighborhood and someone is leaving the droppings of a rather large dog along the street. I'm not sure who it is, but I am angry. Our township addresses various dog related issues through their newsletter but people do what they want.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
btw found out why the dog crap wasnt picked up by brother its because the gardener didnt come when supposed to and because i didnt let him know he was coming in the morning he thought he would leave it :eek:

Reactions: Rain
1 - 14 of 14 Posts