Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right site to post on but Wondering if anyone could help. I have a sarloos wolf she has recently come off heat, we took her for a walk whilst she was still on heat, 2 days later she started to be more lazy laying down not getting excited at all like she normal does not bothered by walks anymore. She is still drinking and eating but only wet food, doesn’t want treats. We have to go up to her to make her get up to go to the toilet, which she use to just shot out the door once the back door was opened, which she is still weeing and pooing. But she just seems to lay down all the time in one spot, her belly is bloated and her nipples are out. She still wags her tail now and then when you go up to her. She gets up fine and walks around with no limping or whimping it’s only happened after her heat. It’s been about a week now. Just wondered if it could be a phantom pregnancy. Please could someone give me some advice or if this has happened to anyone else with similar symptoms. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
You need to take your dog to a vet. There any number of things this could be, and "phantom pregnancy" is extremely far down that list. The other things that could cause this include life threatening disorders or conditions as well as those easily treated. But don't just guess at what is going on, take your dog to a vet and find out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take your dog to a vet. There any number of things this could be, and "phantom pregnancy" is extremely far down that list. The other things that could cause this include life threatening disorders or conditions as well as those easily treated. But don't just guess at what is going on, take your dog to a vet and find out!
I wasn’t guessing what it was hence this post if anyone had similar. She is still eating and drinking

·
Registered
364 Posts
MA is correct, take your dog to the Vet! We can't help online, similar is not the same, the only way to "know" is to have the dog seen by a vet!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is another reason for the vet: even if it is a phantom pegnancy, the timeline for these symptoms are 6-8 weeks ahead of the norm. I don't know your protocol for a female in heat,so there is a chance it could also be an unplanned litter as well.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I wasn’t guessing what it was hence this post if anyone had similar. She is still eating and drinking
Eating and drinking doesn't mean she is OK.
You are describing in your first post a dog who is at the very least quite uncomfortable. There is something wrong.
You cannot get a diagnosis and free medical advice on the internet.
And you shouldn't be trying to.
Take your dog to a vet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts