Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know at 7 months a dog should already do it, but we neglected strict training with Peyton until the last 2 months due to sever health issues before then. He has never taken to down...does sit...leave it....take it all just fine but never wanted to do down and would ignore the treat when he realized he would not get it until he did so. We even helped him lie down and gave him a treat then but he never fell for it. Today...HE DID DOWN!!!! I thought it was a fluke so I made him sit, then lay down again and HE DID IT! I am so excited lol. He has also began going into his crate willingly when we are leaving or feeding. Before we had to throw a toy in his crate or pick him up and put him in, now he simply walks into his crate and sits :) I feel like a proud mommy.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yay!!!

It took me like a year to teach Tippy down. I finally had to trick her...

So i know how you feel...its like "man...finally dog! sheesh "
LOL he gets away with a lot and we recently stopped allowing it. I didn't even have to put up a fight! I was also able to give treats to Peyton and Harvick without them trying to take the treat from the other. Progress makes you feel amazing doesn't it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats, it's a good feeling of satisfaction when you teach a dog new tricks :)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is getting so much better with instant sits when I ask LOL He is very food driven and used to only sit for food now if I say sit his rear hits that floor even if food is not present. He did down without a treat today too but not for very long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts