Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why, but ever since I was a young person, I ended up giving my pets their own 'theme' song...when I hear the song I think of them.
I'm going to have to put my cat Kayla to sleep tomorrow and for years, when ever I thought of a song that matched her up to the way I felt about her, I have heard this song
My Girl

I have a thread in the Cats forum that tells a little about her. She and I didn't get off to the best start but we ended up bonding even better because of it.

My other animals...

~Sampson, dog, female...in spite of the name..lol The Dog And The Butterfly by Heart We went through a lot together...

~Hey You, dog, female... BTO's song Hey You Hey You was an independent rock and roll kind of a girl : )

~Ashley, cat, female ... You Are My Sunshine The title sums it all up.

~Shilo, dog, Was named after Neil Diamond's Shilo She loved to play a good happy friend to have...

~Ernie - dog, male, The Eagles' Take It Easy - this was the most laid back dog I've ever seen...he knew how to take it easy.

~Harper - dog, female, Don't Worry Be Happy ...lol...this dog was sheer joy and bought happiness with her where ever she was.

~Lacey - dog, female, You Are So Beautiful To Me - She was a true beauty, calm, quiet, subtle...in the back ground to everyone, but me.

~Jaya, dog female - True Colors, Cyndi Lauper Most people look at Jaya and see a fearful dog, I see one who's brave...she's really had to struggle to overcome her fears and let herself be loved by me and to trust me.

~HaHa - dog, male...Jump, Van Halen HaHa has a habit of jumping while spinning...it's funny to watch...play the song and watch this video about 5 seconds before they sing 'might as well jump' lol....

---------
So, am I weird, or do other's here, have a particular song in mind when they think of past or current pets?

Stormy

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My phone rang and I thought I had this one typed...just saw she wasn't on the list... Poor Song...probably thought I forgot about her.... :p

Song, cat, female - Another Neil Diamond song.. Song Sung Blue
It's hard to feel blue, when Song is around : )

Stormy : )

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
That's such a neat idea :)

I never really thought much about theme songs for my dogs, but I heard the song "Love is War" by American Young and immediately thought of Chisum. So I guess that's his.

The only other song that sticks with a dog is "You Lie" by The Band Perry. Not because I like it, but because it played on the radio all. the. time. when I brought Sophie home. I usually sleep with a fan on for the background noise, but I got Sophie in February and didn't want her to get cold, so I shut off the fan and turned the radio on low instead. I swear, every time I woke up in the night that song was on.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Sancho has theme song. It's from a Spanish children's cartoon "Marcelino".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUynsC7kJg

Teo hadn't, but there's a song that some older people would sing when we'd say his name. seems like the song was pretty wellknown in the seventies.
teo wir fahr'n nach Lodz . text is simple: this Miss Leandros wants to drive to the Polnisch city Lodz with her "friend" Teo. (there's no political meaning behind it, as far as i know).
I wish we had cooler songs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts