Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Colonel, the military working-dog who has been captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan...you are not forgotten! Even though the news media now seem to have forgotten all about your sad story!

This upset me so very much, so I started a petition to Rescue Colonel The Dog

Petition Rescue Colonel the Dog

This petition is addressed to the UK Secretary of State for Defence, and asks that a rescue mission be mounted for Colonel.

Anyone can sign -from any country.
We already have 47 signatures from people who feel passionately about that dear dog. But we still need 1,953!! Please sign, and share with friends.

My attitude is that we must all try to do something if we can, to help him.
No Soldier Left Behind

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you have a point Grabby. But maybe it's always worth letting the Ministry of Defence know what people are feeling about him. I can't just forget him, even if the petition does no good. At least it costs nothing to do.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Misstee, I've found you won't find much support on this site for petitions. I however will sign It and share it. Why? Because I know some of these petitions do get the spot light if they get enough signatures. It's free and easy to do. I could only imagine if every dog lover in the world would sign every pro dog petition how anyone could ignore a million voices. Also in regards to the human life vs dog. That may be how politicians look at it but I assure you that dog is looked at as a fellow soldier by the men who take them into battle. Their are hundreds of men that would willingly put their life on the line to save him just as if he was human as too would I. Don't let those that say it won't work or it will do nothing discourse you. I know how you feel. It's not about whether it does anything or not it's the voice in the back of your head and heart that says I spoke up. I did what I thought I could for him from where I'm at in life. That's what matters. Because we do care even if it's a lost cause.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have to agree with grabby as well. Sad that I've served alongside military dogs and they're the most loyal and wonderful companions us military personnel and vets have came across.... However politics will not care and will turn down the idea of rescuing him. Hopefully he'll be found and saved by personnel. I will pray for him.

Reactions: JudyG
1 - 5 of 5 Posts