Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a cane corso x presa canario he's 15mths old I have tried getting pet insurance from alot of these what you call pet insurance companys even the ones my vet has recommended but they are all refusing to insure him because of his breed iv had the fact that he's a big breed and they suffer with joint problems and the latest one that really baked my beans was he's tarded with the same brush as pitbulls. Know there is nothing wrong with pit bulls it's the wrong owners that give them the wrong reputation can anyone recommend any company's that will insure him please thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
If you are talking about pet medical insurance, the ones I know of will be happy to write a policy with exclusions for genetic pre-dispositions, and pre-existing medical conditions. If you are looking for liability, probably all will refuse to write for any of the 'aggressive or bully' breeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about pet medical insurance, the ones I know of will be happy to write a policy with exclusions for genetic pre-dispositions, and pre-existing medical conditions. If you are looking for liability, probably all will refuse to write for any of the 'aggressive or bully' breeds.
I'm after medical insurance and liability insurance you never know what's going to happen. No dog is an aggressive bread it's the way they are treated

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Ok, I should have said 'defined' aggressive or bully breeds. Regardless, that should have no bearing on your ability to get medical insurance, but again liability insurance will be a different matter. That definition of aggressive breeds, correct or incorrect, will be the guidelines virtually any insurance company will use and follow to assess risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts