Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently come across a kickstarter project that I am thrilled about. Modern day pet tech is going to be a huge industry in the future and will allow a plethora of options and bonuses with health, security, and even basic training.
Not to mention the cool and fun factors involved.
I feel there will be a lot of people against this type of tech, but to most, I think the dog world will be a better place.
Buddy is this collars name and impressive is its game.
What do you think?
What do you think should be a concern?

The nice thing I see with this collar is it will be app based so upgrades will happen on a software level more than a hardware level. This collar is going to be packed with everything by the sounds of it :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is a neat idea, but unless it gets some massive coverage, I don't see how they're possibly going to make their $385K (AUD) goal in less than a month! And with only $17K pledged to date. Unfortunate.

My only concern... well, you used to hear all the time about how cellphones cause brain tumors in people who have them constantly pressed to their heads? That. And while I love the neat LED lights on the thing, I'm wondering if they have looked into the potential problem of LED flicker or even a humming noise. Having something like this right next to a dogs head could be problematic.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Saw this on Reddit the other day. Not sure how I felt about it. Not something I would invest in until it's proven. I feel like there are a lot of collars out there trying to do something similar and they all seem to fall short.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I think this is interesting enough that I want to keep my eye on it but not something I'll run out and buy tomorrow.

I'm impressed that they have the money that they do in such a short amount of time. It's a lofty goal though! :)

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not directly related to the collar, but my favorite pet/technology combination is the motion sensor on the dog door which turns on the back floodlights when my pup goes out to pee in the middle of the night (part of my larger home automation system)- makes both her and me very happy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts