Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Brandi. I'm new to the forum. We adopted my 8 month old what we believe jrt/beagle mix in May and then adopted our 9 month old lab/German shepherd mix in August. We love our boys alot and we worry about something happening to them so we are seriously considering pet insurance. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the companies. Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
880 Posts
When I had my Toy Poodle I had Ensure (they covered her Cushing's Disease treatment) and I got Ensure for my cat when I adopted him but switch both my cat and new dog's insurance to VPI (since they cover Hip & Elbow Dysplasia) and it was less expensive due to him being purebred. Also I wanted to get Wellness coverage for Trucker, my pup, which has no annual maximum with VPI.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well different insurance companies have different policies, I would suggest doing a bit of research to determine the best policy that would perfectly suit your pets. This will depend on how uch you are willing to pay in terms of premiums.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
There are a number of pet medical insurance companies out there. We carry a policy for our girl, Samantha, which I feel is worthwhile, at least for us. Not sure if we are supposed to name companies on this site, so I won't, but so far we have recovered at least our premium every year, some years more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts