Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possibly a silly question, but I am wondering if anyone is familiar with pet health insurance policies that cover pre-existing conditions? I understand this is a lofty, unrealistic expectation, but thought I would at least look into it ...

In addition, if pet health insurance isn't a realistic expectation, has anyone used CareCredit or similar programs/services, and if so, what were you thoughts and experiences? Thanks so much in advance for your consideration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dog was hit by a car a little over 2 months ago. Thank goodness she has had a complete recovery!! She had a broken hip. Unfortunately, I did not have pet insurance. They offered me Care Credit. It was very simple. You apply just as you would for any other credit card. You will be told how much you can charge on the card and also the number of months which are interest free!!! My limit was $6,000 and 6 months interest free. In terms of pet insurance. None of them will cover pre existing issues. I wish I had signed up for pet insurance before her accident. Good luck!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Possibly a silly question, but I am wondering if anyone is familiar with pet health insurance policies that cover pre-existing conditions?
I doubt it very much, but it wouldn't hurt to inquire...

I know that for human insurance you have to pay insurance premiums for a year to get benefits... My daughter has a broken back, she took out an insurance that will cover her surgery, but not until after she has paid one year worth of premiums... on top of that she still has to pay over $11,000...

I took out insurance for Storm, when he was a baby... He's now a year old, has never had any issues, and I think I'll put that money into a Storm account instead...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts