Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a metal pet gate out there that has a small cat door? The only ones I have found have a small "pet" door that is too big for my purposes. We are trying to keep our puppy gated off in the kitchen but allow the cats to go in and out. I need something that is closer to 6" in height, preferably even shorter than that as puppy is able to squeeze through most narrow openings.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Unless you're planning on having something custom made, I don't see how that's going to possibly work. How big is she? I'm just visualizing Ember watching the cats coming and going from that small opening, and then she's going to cram her way in there and possibly hurt herself. Maybe you can rig up a ramp or something to go up and over the gate on both sides (somehow) for the cats? :confused: :ponder:

I don't have any cats, but I'm sure there are other members who are probably more familiar with your issue and has dealt with it before. Geez... I haven't been very helpful here have I? :eek:

And congrats on your new addition! Your other posts are just wonderful! :D Please be sure to post some pictures as soon as you're able! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much!! She is really sweet, when she isn't being completely insubordinate, lol. I'll get pics soon! She's hard to get unless she is sleeping... because if she isn't sleeping she is crazy, lol.

I couldn't find a gate with a small enough door (marketing people out there - here is your chance to corner the market, lol) so I just got one with a the only size door available and learned quickly that Ember can pass through it easily. We moved all the kitty stuff to outside the gated area so they have no reason to go in there, even though my one cat still does. She just jumps on the counter, which I hate. We are still trying to figure out how we can modify the door to use it for our needs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts