Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from SC Charleston and they have he most pet friendly places i have ever seen even the small bar&grills had an out side section for pet owners to eat and have their dogs. and on the beach they had pet hours so you could bring your dog and not have to bother other people. Here were i live you have ONE public place to take your dog to the beach and even then its so crowded that it makes it less fun. And dont even think about bringing a dog to a place to eat cause thats a HUGE no no. Whats it like where you all live? are they more pet friendly? I really liked how they had it set up where if say someone didnt like dogs near then they had their own place. I saw so many cool dogs on the trip. there was an awsome Lab that was chilling at Poe's like yep this is my spot and its cool and brezzy and hey is that a fry that dad just droped? LOL:)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
We have lots of parks-off leash and on leash. But pretty much anywhere else is a no-no. I'd love a resturaunt that allowed them! There is a mall here that apparently allows dogs-just not in the food court and each store can make their own decision-but the mall hallways are good.

There are a few sites that list places that are pet friendly-just google pet friendly or dog friendly; That's how I found out about the mall that allows pets ;)

Dog, Cat & Other Pet Friendly Hotels at Petswelcome.com

Pet Friendly Hotels - Official Pet Hotels

Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals Pet Friendly Hotels Pet Friendly Lodging

·
Registered
275 Posts
Salina Kansas is very unpet friendly. We have an off leash dog park that has only been there about 6 years now or so. We have 2 feed stores that you can bring them in but with our town being so undog friendly, Im not sure most people here know that they can bring them. We have a pet co that moved in about 3 or 4 years ago and EVERYONE brings pets there. There is a dairy queen that is outside only that gives you free small cup of icecream for your dog if you bring them. That just started but hardly anyone knows about that.Theres a game shop down town. Other then that, its hard to do anything with your dog around here. I allways announce that if theres a choice, only dog friendly places get my money. try renting with a dog, espeshally a big one. Almost imposible unless you rent from a slumlord.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
In Austin, TX we have quite a few outdoor restaurants that welcome dogs, as well as lots of dog parks and Town Lake, which is a 4-mile jogging/biking trail and dogs are there all the time (there is a section of it for off-leash play).
We also have coffee places that keep dog biscuits in stock to give out to pooches, and I know if I go to sonic they give me icecream for my dog. lol
So yes, pretty dog friendly!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
were i work is pet friendly to customers but we cant bring our own dogs. And Pawzaddict there were pitties all over Charleston and they were ok. Here its not so bad about outlawing breeds at the park. I just wish there were a few outdoor shops that allowed them. you cant even take them to the flea market here, i take noel on walks on the trails.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
hahah... here people bring dogs whether allowed or not. I regularly see dogs in Walmart, lowes and home depots...lol

BassProShop is pet friendly.

we have a dog park every 15 miles or so and lots of petco/petsmarts.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
where i live you get mixed receptions for your dog. there are a lot of annoying people who don't manage their dog's behavior, just let them run loose in certain places and don't clean up after them either. i sort of consider any place that doesn't serve food to be ok to try to bring the dog which means i break the rules a lot, but i justify it to myself bc i do keep a close eye on him and i don't let him just wonder around. the hardware stores usually have cookies for him too. i tell people to bring there dogs into my work all the time too (we don't really have a policy against it!)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Where I live is not so dog friendly, most shops don't allow you to bring in dogs, most pet shops though though. You can walk your dogs in parks but they have to be kept on a leash. Sometimes people do walk them off leash and get away with it but if anything happens you could be in big trouble because it's against the law. They recently banned having dogs on my local beach between the hours of like 10 and 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts