Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 yr old daughter is in dogs 4h and my 5year old daughter is in cats cloverbud 4h. They are puting on a pet fair for dogs and cats but is really the dog side of it "K9 Capers" 4-Hers that is putting it on. Its on the 17th. I hope it turns out well cause they are working hard on it. I'll have to get lots of pics. Kind of exited though.
I have to say though, when I mentioned supplying a few buckets for water here and there for the dogs, one of the ladies was offended that I even meantioned such thing, she brings bottled water for HER dogs, she just didn't know about any kind of "community" water. She felt that was gross. Was I wrong in feeling offended by her? I'm thinking that my dogs eat their own poo and anyone elses if given the chance. I'v thought about putting an alarm on the cat box to keep Feora out!!!!! I go to the dog park where community water is shared by all that go there (dogs) so, whats the problem?? Its not like they are catching aids through a drinking fountain or some other killer like people allways have to worrie about. She made me feel stupid for even saying such thing and then I was mad cause I don't understand whats so stupid about it.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I see this at the dog park...people will freak out if the dog goes to drink...so they dump the water and refill it. Unless the water is really old I personally don't care.

I've always wanted to ask this...what is 4h exactly? People always talk about it, but I have no idea, its som' sort of club?

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
I think you are right to be offeneded-not because of what she said but how she said it.

She could have nicely said that she prefers giving her dogs filtered bottled water, as she feels thats what's best for them. But getting huffy and rude that you would even *think* her dogs could drink regular water? Way rude.

When we are at the dog park I just put down a big bowl of water and anyone can drink out of it. I don't care-it's just water. Everyone seems embarassed their dog drinks my water without asking-but it's free-it's just water :)

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
som' people bring their own bottled water...and if my dog drinks out of it I appologize...but no one so far has cared, they usually say they brought enough for everyone.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I take bottled water because the city water is icky icky! But I always offer other dogs the good water. I wanna go to a pet fair!!!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Stef, don't feel stupid. I have had to drink from rivers, and lakes on several occasions when I was in the wild with my dogs (after adding purification pills). Some people amaze me with the attitude they sling toward others. Instead of just saying no thank you, they have to make a point at persecuting another human being to make themselves feel superior. I wonder what they would do if they found out that most bottled water comes straight from the tap in the bottling plants. If they are drinking it because it tastes better then their local supply (reason why I drink bottled water), then good for them. If they are drinking it because they think it is cleaner or some reason better then they should do some research, lol.

Community water, lol, My dogs drink from the toilet on occasion. The chlorine and chloramine in public water supplies will kill most germs, and should be safe even if I slobber in it before you drink from it.

Article on bottled water.
Is your bottled water coming from a faucet? - TODAY Food and wine

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
that lady was just being pompous and rude...offering some buckets of water for the dogs to share is a good idea....you were being considerate of everyone, that was nice of you....

the pet faire does sound coool!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. I just didn't see the big deal. Besides, Im not one for lugging things around unless its really needed. I don't even like to carry a purse. One just big enouph to keep my DL and checkbook, debit card and things like that even bugs me, but that is a needed, so I do. Im not about to lug around a bunch of bottled water with me for dogs just to spend a few hours at the pet fair. If its an allday affair, ya, break out the wagon and ice chest, not rich enouph to eat out all 3 meals and snacks too, but not for a few hours. If its needed I will get a little in a cup at the fountain or if really a must, buy some. But how conviniant to just have some in a bucket ready if he/she gets thirsty. thought it might be nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts