Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a way to make a dog sloper for pet clothes designing. I have searched and no luck anyone that can direct me to the best way I would love it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just like you, I was curious, so I looked up the word sloper. Apparently, it's a type of foundational pattern which you can use as the basis for other patterns to make similar garments in different sizes, styles etc.

I don't know where you could find a dog sloper, but it makes sense that anyone who was interested in making dog coats, costumes etc. might want one. Several pattern companies like Simplicity have patterns for dog coats/costumes, but I don't know if that would be helpful at all--I don't sew myself and only know about the existing patterns because I was in a fabric store with someone else who was looking at them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to find a way to make a dog sloper for pet clothes designing. I have searched and no luck anyone that can direct me to the best way I would love it.
I found this. It is a little confusing, but if you persevere, you can make your dog a sloper from it:

It will have the back, front and sleeve.
Problems: I found: the measurements are a little confusing, so you may be re-measuring as you make the initial paper pattern.
For instance, there is a 45 degree angle that she says, I know this is 2 inches. It doesn't say how she knows. If your dog size is way different from her size dog, you should measure it on your dog.
The sleeve part is missing the first two steps, so you'll be making that up as you go along.
I have made the initial pattern. The paper seems about right on the dog.
I'm about to make the muslin. Once I've made the muslin and fitted it to the dog, I'll make the sloper from the fitted muslin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts