Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Long-time lurker and new sign up. My husband and I have always owned dogs and have just recently gotten our first (true) puppy as our last dog has been a rescue. Lana is now an 8 month old Lab mix and refuses to stay put in the back seat while we're driving. We're not looking for a pet barrier to keep her confined to the trunk area but are looking for one that is more than just 1-2 bars across the back as we also have Leo our pug who will be riding in the back with her and gets his face through every little hole. Does anyone know where I can find one of these wonderful type of barriers/had a good experience? We drive a Honda CRV.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
My hubby and I drive an Equinox, so pretty similar size-wise, but we do toss our dogs in the very back. They have toys, blankets, and pretty much just sleep back there.

If you're looking just to keep them on the backseat, have you considered using a car harness? Something like this?

You could also use something like this, but most barriers are designed to go in the trunk space.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We used to have a harness for Leo but since he is now 5 he has calmed down enough to just sit while we're driving. Lana on the other hand can't sit still and is too wiggly for a harness so we are going to do a pet barrier to keep them in the trunk with a nice doggie bed to sleep on. I think we're going to go with one from here https://www.travall.ca/pet-barrier since they seem custom fitted for our car. Thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Have you thought about a travel crate for the back? I used harness seat belts in the past but my guys are good now. They stay put and with three of them the belts get tangled. But for one dog it would work better. I've also given my puppy a bully stick to chew sometimes on a ride. She lays on the floor and loves it. Sorry, I can't help with the barriers, I've never used them.

Reactions: TruckersMom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.