Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yes, definitely important for people to know which foods are toxic for dogs. Also it is important to understand that fatty foods are not good for them. Vets see a lot of dogs with pancreatitis from eating fatty foods this time of year. A food that is considered "good" is NOT good if it is covered in a buttery, or creamy sauce, or lots of cheese, etc...Don't feed him a big wad of turkey skin. Also any food that the dog is not used to is likely to cause stomach problems in excess. Keep the yummy bites tiny!

·
Registered
126 Posts
it's ok. like Rain post, avocado is not necessarily bad. I feed Avoderm kibble sometimes and always share a lil avo with my dog when I am eating it.

and some of the things on the quiz aren't really realistic since most people don't eat plain green beans, pasta, etc. It's usually smothered in butter, salt, garlic, bacon, sugar, etc and some people won't realize that.

BUT i agree it's good for ppl to be educated about this kind of stuff, and I think this quiz will be an eye opener for some people, and at least get them thinking about the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts