Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dog dies after being mauled at boarding facility - News - Northwest Florida Daily News - Fort Walton Beach, FL

a toothless Peke was mauled by another dog while in the care of a kennel operator -
the owner of the grooming facility where the dog was being boarded, told the Peke's owner that they "don't know which dog killed her", which seems very odd, but of course, this is per the owner of the dead dog. The Peke's owner said that means her dog was with other dogs, & not supervised - she had specified that the Peke was not to be placed with any dogs larger than herself, at any time, due to her toothlessness.

The Peke was at the vet's with a broken shoulder & surgery was planned, but her organs began to fail, & she was euthed.

A petition for "justice" is active on-line.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Sadly, that's what happens when boarding and daycare kennels leave dogs unsupervised. It happens more often then it should and many kennels will even lie about it, assuring owners that the dogs are supervised at all times. I worked at a kennel once that left dogs unsupervised.

I had an interview at another where the owner proudly told me they were expanding to create a new play space for senior dogs where they wouldn't have to "manage" them because senior dogs "manage themselves." I didn't take that job for many reasons... And that daycare wins the local award for best dog daycare every year because they don't limit how many dogs can be in a group or have a set handler to dog ratio, so they have way more customers than the one I work at, (the one I work at is actually much better). Also the owners have a background in marketing, not animal care, so while they make bad decisions with the dogs, they're good at making themselves look good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts