Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am having a bit of a problem and looking for some advice. I have a 4 month old male Westie. We have had him for about a month and housetraining is going as well as can be expected. We are crate training and lucky for us he is very happy in his crate. Here is the issue - overnight he will go 8+ hours just fine. I work from home a lot, but a couple of days a week he gets a dog walker. He will be fine in his cage for 3-4 hours during the day until the walker comes. Once last week and then tonight we left him in the early evening. Today he was left from 430-730 and he peed in his crate. Last week it was about the same time. I fed him before he went in and he did go out to pee right before I left. Yet he still peed in the crate (he waited to poop until we got back). I can tell he was very unhappy he did this because when we came home he was loudly whining and usually he is quiet until we go to get him. I cannot figure out what the issue is with this time frame. On a regular night he is crated probably an hour during this time frame when we are eating dinner, maybe a little more so it is not completely different from a regular night. Thoughts? ideas?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts