Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi! :) This is my 1st Post!
Whenever I go outside with my dog, and we play, she's always peeing.
I know that dogs don't go to the bathroom a lot like we do, so I heard that they pee a lot when they’re outside.
My mother thought she has some kind of infection, but we aren't sure.
She doesn't have any redness near her reproduction area, so I don't think she has an infection.
Thank you!

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
893 Posts
A vet visit is your best bet in figuring out if she has a uti or vaginitis. A fresh pee sample will probably be requested to test for uti and the vet should be checking for any discharge to see if it's vaginitis. Both are much more prominent in females due to anatomy. How old is your dog?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A vet visit is your best bet in figuring out if she has a uti or vaginitis. A fresh pee sample will probably be requested to test for uti and the vet should be checking for any discharge to see if it's vaginitis. Both are much more prominent in females due to anatomy. How old is your dog?

She's eight months. Is there symtoms for that?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is it a lot of pee or peeing very often? If she can't seem to hold it or it seems like it hurts, I'd take her to the vet. But one of my female dogs marks her territory ALL the time, so there's a possibility it could be that. If we go on a hike, she'll pee 25+ times.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Signs of uti are frequent urination (often very frequent but small amounts) and may even be straining to pee. Vaginitis also makes a dog urinate like crazy. You can check her lady parts and gently squeeze and see if any discharge comes out and check for any swelling. A vet will probably be better to do this as they are skilled, but since I've seen it so many times, I feel comfortable checking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Signs of uti are frequent urination (often very frequent but small amounts) and may even be straining to pee. Vaginitis also makes a dog urinate like crazy. You can check her lady parts and gently squeeze and see if any discharge comes out and check for any swelling. A vet will probably be better to do this as they are skilled, but since I've seen it so many times, I feel comfortable checking.

Thank you for your help!
But could it be that she's taking advantage of peeing since she's outside?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts