Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just adopted a 4month old puppy and I'm trying to train her to use the peepads as we live in an apartment and cannot provide comfortable outdoor access.
My current system is that when I catch her squatting and mid-pee, I carry her to the potty to continue, but she never does. I have sat with her for 25min waiting, but she just rolls over to play in it or lies down and sleeps in it.
Lately she's gotten the habit of sitting in the potty, then moving a couple of steps away and peeing on the floor. Also, she gets her toys and goes to play in the potty.
We've tried soaking it in her pee to attract her to it, but it doesn't work. Is there any product we can use to attract her to the area? Or maybe a different approach which we haven't yet considered.

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I recommend an exercise pen, keep her enclosed in it after she eats and such. If she's not trained where to potty she cant start out with the option to go wherever. Eventually she will go on the pee pads in the exercise pen/play pen, and when she does praise her a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts