Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello my dogs name is Zeus, he is a 2 year old, Old English Bulldog, that once had a beautiful soft coat which has now been tainted by something that me or the vets just cant seem to fix... he had a typical flea problem which has now been diminished but what what happened to his fur along the way has stayed the same since the problem....the vet has given him antibiotics, steroids, flea medication (which he stays on), "medicated" shampoo and nothing seems to be workin...what has me hopeful is that one day he had some dry feces on his butt and must have itched his butt to the point of raw...days later a soft black patch of fur started to grow...and now is at full length...the only part of his butt that has fur! Im not sure if Ive ever seen something like this so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Their coat and problems with it can be nutrition related. You might want to have your Vet go over what you are feeding him, and make appropriate recommendations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea my next this is taking him back and getting the allergy test done...quite expensive so I thought I’d come here and get some opinions first..the skin just seems crazy dry and flakey

Their coat and problems with it can be nutrition related. You might want to have your Vet go over what you are feeding him, and make appropriate recommendations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts