Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. 2 months ago we had two pups die from Parvo. We disposed of their bedding and toys.

We have since moved to a new house, what risk is there that we could have brought the virus to the new house with us? I had no idea what I was dealing with at the time so I cleaned up the dog's mess and then washed my hands afterwards with antibacterial soap and hot water. I did not know that I needed to use bleach to clean with. If I touched other items and objects after washing my hands could I have transferred the virus to those objects - the steering wheel and gear shift of the car are of particular concern since I took the dogs straight to the vet afterwards... is this a valid concern or am I being paranoid?

Any advise would be useful.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Good idea to bleach, or at least thoroughly clean the bottom of your shoes. Hands (unless you don't wash or shower) are unlikely to be carriers, nor is anything you touched unless no hand washing occurred. You CAN wash parvo off surfaces pretty easily... what is harder is sterilizing the virus on surfaces from which it can't be removed easily (soil, asphalt, concrete, shoe bottoms etc.).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts