Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm in Auckland for a few days, well almost a week actually, I got in touch with @BarkyMalarkey to see if she knew of any decent dog-friendly areas around here - sure enough, we meet up today and went for a walk, attempted to avoid all the mud and let the dogs have some fun!
Pretty sure Callie loves Mia ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, it was so much fun today! These are some really great pictures! I am glad you were able to capture so many of their interactions. I am really looking forward to Friday!

They are less than a month apart in age, and they played so well. A ton of mirroring and role reversals all day. They rolled around on the ground like eels for the last 20 minutes we were at the park, which was convenient since it rubbed off the last of the mud! :thumbsup:
It was an amazing day, nice to be able to finally get Callie out and about with a dog who can cope with her energy - not many can. I'll definitely be bringing my camera along on Friday too. And of course it was lovely meeting you and the gorgeous Mia.
Where to next? :D

Yay! DF meet-up! Callie and Mia are such a good match for each other. They look like a right pair of crazies!
You have no idea! We were there for.. 2.5 hrs or so I think - Callie still wasn't tired but that's the border collie in her for ya!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh wow how amazing! if you both ever come to wellington........... jess would love a play though she can be a bit reactive with some dogs at first then she is fine.
Definitely! And if you ever head up to say.. Hamilton or something, let me know - I'll make a day trip :thumbsup:
@Cordane i see you use the halti no pull how do you find it? Jess is ok with hers but its still really new
Honestly, I hate it. Though that has a lot more to do with the fact that it doesn't fit her properly. The part that goes across the chest, despite me altering it and shortening it about 1-2 inches, it is still far to loose. I tried the size smaller and while that part wasn't loose, it was up around her neck despite being adjusted to go as low on her chest as possible.. She's deep chested but very thin in width so things never fit her properly..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where exactly do you live in nz eg Hamilton? Its great seeinf other kiwi come here I felt I was only one at one time though not born a kiwi. Janine
I live outside of Whangarei but my mum lives in south Auckland (Hamilton is maybe an hours drive from her house).

Reactions: crazy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.