Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New to this site and looking for some help/opinions/advice.

My 10 year old Papillion has recently become an extremely picky eater and has starting peeing on my boyfriend and my bed. Shes ALWAYS been bad about peeing on rugs and bathmats, but NEVER beds.

Some background/relevant info. A little over a year ago my other dog died. My papillion didnt seem phased at all. But being the only dog in a house is a somewhat new things to her.

I moved in with my boyfriend who has two kids 1/2 time in May. They all love her, but a 7 yr old can, at times, be a tad rough with her. (my dog is TOTALLY passive and wouldnt hurt a FLY).

My boyfriend and I have been fighting a lot.

Gracie (my dog) was spayed less than a year ago.

My boyfriend and I are very busy and sometimes leave her for long periods of time.

When other dogs are around, and all through the past, she would eat anything and everything. Now she is EXTREMELY picky and I find myself making her chicken and veggies for every meal. Its too time consuming and too expensive. I need her to eat a store bought food. I've had her on the most expensive, best quality food there is. I've tried raw, freeze dried, everything. She will only eat if I cook, and not even then. I am broke and really need a more cost efficient way to feed my dog.

Here are the things I THINK I need to do/change:

- make sure I walk her first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I've been bad about making her only use the puppy pads.

- stop allowing her to sleep on the bed at night.

- shut bedroom doors when I leave house. (although I think she peed on the bed while we were home tonight)

- pick a good, quality food, and slowly remove people food. She will eat if shes hungry enough, right?????

- maybe rescue remedy since I think she has separation anxiety? Or maybe ask a vet for some kinda of doggie valium??

Ok folks. Any other help would be great. I am a great pet owner, really. I feed her the best food, I love her, I take great care of her. But I think shes stressed lately, and acting out, and I need it to stop. I cant have her peeing on the bed!!

THANKS!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Stress could be a factor but it sounds like the peeing maybe your fault. Taking her out regularly it important for her not to potty in the house but also for urinary reasons. You might also try this. My dogs love it and think its whole made. Very few ingredients and all good. They have them at the pet stores but Safeway and Walmart also carry them
Freshpet - Freshpet® Select Tender Chicken with Vegetables & Brown Rice Dog Food Recipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts