Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm still new to this website and haven't got the chance to browse as i was teally worried about my furbaby. 馃ズ
I have a pitbull puppy who was also a survivor of parvo virus. 4 days ago, we've noticed this bump on his legs/thigh area. We were so worried because it just appeared over night. 馃ズ When we are trying to touch it, she cries. Its hard and painful. Do you guys have any idea what this is?

Ps. We don't have a vet in our province. 馃槦馃ズ Im from the Philippines too.

Super Moderator
I'm sorry, lumps and bumps are caused by so many reasons, it's not possible to guess what it is from a photo. Could be a bite or sting, but who knows.

The fact it came up suddenly is probably a good thing.

With lumps and bumps, I generally treat my dog the way I would if I found it on myself. I don't rush straight to a doctor but if it doesn't go down in a few days or gets worse then a vet is needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Can i give her some antibiotics? The bald spot is from the nibbling she does. Maybe its itchy. 馃槦 And also it stop growing.

Super Moderator
We cannot advise you to medicate your dog, we are not vets and even if we were, we haven't seen her. Please understand that would be an irresponsible thing for us to do, sorry.

Registered
Hello everyone, I'm still new to this website and haven't got the chance to browse as i was teally worried about my furbaby. 馃ズ
I have a pitbull puppy who was also a survivor of parvo virus. 4 days ago, we've noticed this bump on his legs/thigh area. We were so worried because it just appeared over night. 馃ズ When we are trying to touch it, she cries. Its hard and painful. Do you guys have any idea what this is?

Ps. We don't have a vet in our province. 馃槦馃ズ Im from the Philippines too. View attachment 251266 View attachment 251267 View attachment 251268
Poor little pup. I hope you can find a way to help him. If you give antibiotics without knowing what is going on, it can be disastrous, so please don't try that. Watch it to see what it does. It might go away, or it might turn out to be a cyst that has to be removed by a vet. I wonder if there is a travelling vet who comes by your area? Maybe if you ask around you can find someone who knows someone who is a vet or has veterinary experience. Best of luck to you!

Registered
Poor baby been through a lot. But he's a survivor! Can you prevent him from nibbling at it with a surgical recovery suit or cone? I have no clue what the issue is, but it's always better if the dog isn't bothering with it. Hopefully you can find a travelling vet or someone with experience. Sorry we can't help much 馃槥

1 - 7 of 7 Posts