1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monday My dog was grabbing at his butt again,
I felt and his anal glands were very full again,
So I put him up on the little table and extracted them,
Took three times to get it empty, Never is easy with him, Gets impacted really easily, That's why I had the Vet show me how to do it, My Female is so easy, it just spurts right out, But his is abit harder, Anyways it's nice and empty now, It's always been normal for him to be abit sensitive about the anal area for a couple days after, But this is going on 4 days now, And tonight he was playing with the female, then started screaming for a min in pain then came running out grabbing at his butt again... I'm wondering if this is a Possible sign of infection or an absess in the anal sac? There is no outward signs of any infection or swelling, everything looks normal.... He's almost always been abit puffing looking around the butt hole,, but I took that as normal for him, It's not red or anything and he
don't scream or hollar, nothing except look intently at his butt when I feel around it...

I'm going to call the Vets in the morning and see what they say, (probably need to take him in) but in the meantime, for my own peace of mind, Is this normal after an extraction 4 days later? He looks normal, Even plays somewhat, but his mind aways gets pulled away to his butt area, and then he just wants to sat on his butt and not move...

Plz reply asap, I worry so bad over my Baby..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice to know reply's of any kind when one is worried is so prompt!!

Thanks for nothing!
I won't be back to such a poor forum!

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
doesn't sound normal... its possible its absessed and it ruptured? perhaps they are full again already? I really have no idea, but yeah, sounds wierd...let us know what the vet says.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
You've probably injured them... I hope you mean you didn't actually extract them, because that requires an anaesthetic.. You meant evacuate them right?

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Nice to know reply's of any kind when one is worried is so prompt!!

Thanks for nothing!
I won't be back to such a poor forum!

I don't remember noticing this post before....

LMAO...we're not here to cater to you. This isn't a service where we are required to help you lickety split. Perhaps next time you'll skip the forum and call a vet instead.

Hope your dog is ok and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts