Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Sorry I didn't even read all your post....just need to say; no-one needs a bloke with the impulse control of a five year old. There is no excuse for this behaviour in an adult. Get rid and some of your dog's problems will be solved.

Don't have time to answer in full, but for goodness sake don't EVER ''spank" your dog. You are hitting an animal who is defenceless and frightened.

· Registered
317 Posts
This seems harsh, especially when we don't know what is going on for Dale. I have Bipolar Disorder and I can act pretty erratic at times when my mood is unstable (including having the impulse control of a five year old :p ) We are getting help and I am on meds for my condition, yet we own two very happy dogs and manage just fine.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Red, didn't mean to cause any offence with my comment...guess I just assumed that if there had been any issues that affected OP's OH she would have mentioned it, so I also assumed he had no excuse for his outbursts/sulks etc.. And I have first hand experience of a partner who behaved like that, for no reason other than that he was a spoiled brat.

· Registered
317 Posts
Sounds to me like most of your dog's problems/insecurities are down to Dale's inconsistent behaviour. Many dogs can't deal with not knowing how to expect a particular person will behave and will withdraw from them rather than risk an unpleasant confrontation, or being ignored/rejected.

I have only one question.....do Dale's outbursts happen everywhere and anywhere; with his friends, down the pub, in social situations, or only in your home?

If it's only in your home, and round you, that says that he CAN control the behaviour if he wants to. If not then he really needs to seek some help for it cos it's not going to make life easy for him and there's a real possibility that someone may take offence and smack him in the mouth.

Sorry if I seem to be spending more time on Dale than the dog but I think it's obvious why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.