Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Since when I was child and my father was alive we always had dogs, and always German shepherd as my father loved them.
Today I am living alone, I have a big house and a quite big terrace. I would love to get a german shepherd puppy with me, train him and love him like my father did.

The problem is that I work and I am alone. I can be at home around 6Pm but I won't be able to stay all the day with him. I can take 2 weeks of holidays max but I am afraid is not enough.

It is really heartbreaking for me but I don't want a "toy", so I am struggling with it. I am afraid that I should not take him as I won't be able to stay with him during the day and I don't want him to stay alone.

Anyone has some suggestions on what should I do?

Thanks in advance!
k.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Why not consider an older dog for your first one? If you got an older dog that was already housetrained, and past the puppy zoomies, it would make for a much easier transition for both of you. You could hire a dogwalker to come once a day, and/or take the dog to a doggy day-care a couple times a week.

It's not impossible to get a puppy and raise it while working full time, but it certainly is a lot harder.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I too would consider adopting a young dog, but not a puppy, from a breed rescue if you want a German Shepherd. It is not impossible to raise a puppy while working full-time, but you'll find it incredibly difficult. I think a young adult dog would be more rewarding for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.