Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 19 month old very big labradoodle, recently he has started peeing inside again after being potty trained. My husband and I both work full time but both do one day from home so he’s alone three days a week, on those days he has a dog walker who takes him out in the afternoon for a good three hours, but over the last few months he’s started peeing again when we leave him. He’s confined to the kitchen so I wonder if he just thinks that’s a place he can go, but he also sleeps and eats there. He’s never once had an accident anywhere else, just that kitchen spot. We obviously not there to actively stop it so wondering if anyone has experience / advice which might help? Thanks !

·
Registered
143 Posts
It could be regression in toilet training, some dogs do that in adolescence. But another possibility is separation anxiety. Have you any way of setting up a camera (you can get apps) to see how he copes when he is left?

Or, he might be scent marking. Is he neutered? Make sure you use a n enzymatic cleanser to clean up, and leave it down for at least ten minutes to give it time to work. That will remove any trace of the smells that might attract him back to the same spot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts