Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The garbage man didn't pik up the trash Tuesday so now it looks like a twister hit because my neighbor lets there 2 dogs roam and apparently never feeds them. I can't go out and pick it up after my fall,I have ran them off I don't know how many times this morning.

What can I put out there to keep them away?could I spray it with something to deter them ?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
I have the same problem. The only way I got it to end was to buy a large rolling with swing lid can. Now I only have to clean up trash bags drug from god knows where into my yard.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Let them eat it... If they are starved let them eat what they have dumped out and have whoever you live with bring the rest up and away from them....
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let them eat it... If they are starved let them eat what they have dumped out and have whoever you live with bring the rest up and away from them....
Posted via Mobile Device

Its all over the road now though,I iwll go out an pick it up tomorrow I guess,im feeling better. If the Garbage man would actually pick it up there wouldnt be a problem! I was on the porch last week,he just looked at me and kept going. I called on him and he had to come back out and get it,and he got the garbage at an abandoned house but not mine?! :mad:

Anyways,New cans is probley what I will have to do,thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One is a Rottweiler,he gets it out of the bin and the Shihtzu helps him shred it

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Here it does not matter if it is on the street or not..:) They will come right up to the door and dump it. Again has not happened since I got the new can. A lot of loose dogs in my neighborhood. It is a small neighborhood...lots 1 1/2 acre each..plenty of roaming areas for dogs and owners just let them do it..:(

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here it does not matter if it is on the street or not..:) They will come right up to the door and dump it. Again has not happened since I got the new can. A lot of loose dogs in my neighborhood. It is a small neighborhood...lots 1 1/2 acre each..plenty of roaming areas for dogs and owners just let them do it..:(

here it has to be at the road.:ponder:

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Do you pay for weekly service with a set day for pick up?

If yes, then it only has to be on the road for the pick up day. It makes no sense that it has to be on the road 24/7. :) Most places actually require it not to be left out on non-pick up days because of aesthetics.

For every day other than pick-up day, get a can with a lid and use bungee cords to tie the lid down. Dogs might try to roll it, but they likely won't figure out how to get it open. And don't get a thin plastic that they might eat through. If they really keep messing with it, pick a spot to put field fencing up around it with t-posts and just pull it out on garbage day.

Lastly, if the garbage service man isn't doing what his employers pay him to do, call the company and put in a complaint. There's no reason if you're paid up for them to not be providing the service.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Around here some people put their garbage out in just plastic garbage bags and it is the crows who make the mess. We have it picked up once a week and I just put the garbage cans out the morning they are coming.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I would not "let them eat it" because (and sorry but this is gross) dogs love to eat women's hygeine products and then usually get sick and throw them back up.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have seen people with this problem put 4 posts on a playwood base and roll chicken wire around it. They put castors at the bottom for rolling it to the road. The bags go inside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts