Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Male Westie 11/21 arrival
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for outdoor rated "baby" or "dog" gate(s) for my outdoor covered deck in the NE USA. Two openings, one 55" wide and one 85" wide.
My deck is new and white PVC trimmed and would love to avoid drilling holes if possible but I will if it makes sense. I can make some extensions if needed out of left over PVC to make the 85" opening smaller..
My dog is small (westie) so height is not my issue, wide openings and outdoor rating is. PVC or some plastic would be great

·
Registered
103 Posts
The pricier option may be to get a hold of your contractor and have them take the leftover construction materials and make gates if you'd want something that would fit into the openings.

Or there's this from Chewy.xom:
Your pet will love this Regalo Double Door Super Wide Gate & Dog Playpen:

It's a mounted one...so you'd have to drill holes

·
Registered
131 Posts
Seven feet is a big opening ... I see a lot of gates with solid gray panels and white trim in 6 foot heights up to 8 or 10' openings ... 4 feet is less common, what ate you looking for ? ... view blocking of see thru ? what height ? sliding or swinging ? metallic, wood of vinyl ? You can see some how to build your own videos on youtube

·
Registered
Male Westie 11/21 arrival
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seven feet is a big opening ... I see a lot of gates with solid gray panels and white trim in 6 foot heights up to 8 or 10' openings ... 4 feet is less common, what ate you looking for ? ... view blocking of see thru ? what height ? sliding or swinging ? metallic, wood of vinyl ? You can see some how to build your own videos on youtube

That's far too high for a Westie. Ideally about 24-28 high in white like a baby or dog gate I see on stairs sometimes. Something with as little of view blockage as possible.
Image below is the deck style and opening but obviously incomplete at this stage. It's nice white PVC and composite flooring

Like to let the dog on the deck when it's nice out but he is too small in the yard alone for the hawks, coyotes and fisher cats here

Wood Grass Shade Plant Ladder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts