Dog Forum banner

Out of these three, which food would you recommend?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jbibiza 
#1 ·
(For a Golden Retriever)

Canidae All Life Stages
FirstMate Pacific Ocean Fish
NutriSource Grain Free Seafood Select

#4 ·
First Mate is a pretty good food, it's Canadian. The thing that bugs me is the first ingredient is Potato. My friend has her English Mastiff on it, and it's the only thing he can tolerate. I actually bought a bag and returned it because of that.

I would go with the Nutrisource to start with out of your options personally, but just see how your dog does on them :)

#6 ·
The amount of glucosamine put into kibble is such an insignificant amount, especially after the cooking process. If you have a dog that needs glucosamine or you want to do it for whatever reason, a separate supplement will work much better such as Myristin, Cosequin, or K9 Liquid Health.

Nutrisource however would be my choice as well. Not sure where you get your dog food from but local retailers should have frequent buyer cards as well where it is a buy twelve get one free through Nutrisource(same size and variety bag). Or you can contact the company and they can send you the card(just make sure your retailer honors them).

Nutrisource adds their pre biotics and pro biotics after the cooking process as well which is awesome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.