Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, I have a 14mo mini eskie who has brought us more love and joy that we ever expected. She is such a good dog. We just adopted a 'mini' aussie, he will be old enough to come home in approx 2 more weeks. We also have 2 great cats & 2 birds.

Skyler - the aussie

Chloe - our princess

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chloe is amazing! We've gone through 3 levels of obedience classes with her, she is fabulous. We've worked hard at getting & keeping her as socialized as possible. By the time she was only 5.5mo old we could leave her for up to 4hrs and she not potty in the house, by the time she was 6mo old 6-7hrs without potty in the house, shortly after she has held it for as long as needed but we try to not make her go more than 8hrs as a rule. Since she was 10mo old we can leave her off leash & trust her to stay with us on our property, we have 2.5acres in the country (off our property she is ALWAYS on a leash for her own safety). She is such a good dog, we are amazed by her love & dedication every day.

We keep saying that if Skyler is 1/2 as good as Chloe we will be very blessed.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Oh my gosh-so very cute!! Give them both a 'pet and a kiss' from me! :)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I like blue merles for some reason. i like the pic of skyler on her back! My neighbor's dog's name is skylar just spelled with an "a" :)

~MSE

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hubby named him, said it is to be spelled with an 'e' because with an 'a' he thinks it seems like a girl...whatever. He is so goofy about the puppy - he picked the breed, the pup and the name. Its fun to watch him through this process. The hubby is crazy in love with our eskie but she is more bonded to me but is very bonded with hubby too - I think the hubby is hoping the baby ends up more bonded to him. We'll see. Its really only because I've done the bulk of her training & get home sooner than he does so am home more.

I didn't care for the blue merles until I saw the 2 pups at the breeder, our little boy has such a sweet face on him & is starting to show a great personality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts