Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing a couple pictures of our puppies.

We have Zelda a pembroke Corgi puppy, Shelby the very tiny shih tzu, and Mica the Caucasian Ovcharka. Mica won't be joining us until the end of this month but I get pictures periodically from her breeder!

Beth

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
They are very cute! Although I must say, I'm surprised to hear you'd be bringing in an Ovcharka with such small dogs present. Good luck with your Ovcharka, they are a lot of work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shelby has been well socialized with lots of big dogs :) she will be fine. We have been waiting about 7yrs for the Ovcharka. She has already been signed up for puppy kindergarten with the Phoenix Field and Obedience club. Will continue on from puppy kindergarten with training.

We have also fostered a lot of working breed dogs and mastiffs: Pyrenees, Akbash, Komondors, Filas, Cane Corsos, Dogos, a Presa, couple of Tosas, and a couple of whackadoodle Tibetan mastiff mixes.

Beth

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Zelda may be one of the cutest pemi's ive ever seen :), I too was a bit suprised by your caucasian ovcharka choice, but its good to know that you have experience with LGD's and other guardian type breeds. You'll have to keep us updated on when you get her, she's so fuzzy and adorable. Good luck with two puppies and all that extra dog hair :) :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@TWadeJ Because seven years ago when my husband found out about the breed - he fell in love. At the time we had another guardian breed, a Fila Brasileiro so we really did not need another guard dog. However our Fila passed away about six months ago though I absolutely adored him I decided to go with the Caucasian instead of another fila. For a couple of reasons - my husband really loves them and it is quite difficult to find well bred Filas these days.

So we found a breeder in Romania that had lines I liked and health tests that I required.

We did look at breeders in the US but I wasn't really liking what I was seeing as far as temperament and structure - also honestly a lot of them seem to be over charging for the quality of dogs they are producing.

Beth

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@TWadeJ Yes actually :) We spent five days there meeting the parents, grand parents, a handful of cousins and a half brother to our girl.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@Ruckus

Your Corgi is SO cute! Those face markings!!

Well done on the research with your Ovcharka. Around here, we see SO many people come on with a new dog, not suited to their lifestyle, having done no research... but it was SUCH a cute puppy! Sounds like you have done an amazing job.

This is a breed that I'm completely unfamiliar with. I hope you'll stay around and share photos and stories of your training journey! :)

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
You're crew is adorable!

CO's are so rare around here and most of the people that come asking about them are far from equipped to handle them. You've obviously done your research.

I'd love to see you stick around and see pictures of the whole crew. Zelda is adorable.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone! I will probably be overloading people with pictures.

Zelda is indeed very cute and she knows it! she also knows my husband is a push over and he is letting her get away with murder. Thankfully being a corgi she is very amiable and loves her training time!

Beth & Crew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts