Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so forgive me but there is quite a long story behind this here but I really feel like I need to share as it is 1:31am and I can't sleep as I'm feeling all sorts of nerves and emotions. Two Christmas's ago, my mum bought me a new puppy, I already had a dog but he was 12 years old and she knew I always wanted a bigger breed and a pup to train of my own. We ended up getting Tyson, a 10 week old great dane cross rottweiler. Tyson was such an intelligent dog, he became so attached to me and he learnt a lot from my other dog chopper, chopper was his role model and me and him bonded so well as well. The three of us were inseparable. Come July/August time after many years of conflict and fighting I finally moved out of home at 17 and had nowhere to go so I didn't take the dogs. I felt it would be irresponsible of me to take them until I had a secure place to live and an income to afford them. By the time I could take them, I discovered that my mum has rehomed Tyson without me knowing as we parted on bad terms and it was to spite me. I argued and argued but she would not tell me where he went, only that she gave him to some man. Tyson was rehomed 7 months ago, I never thought I would see him again except I just so happened to be browsing through dog advertisements on Gumtree and came across Tyson up for rehoming!! As you can see I was so so shocked, I immediately contacted the seller, a rescue not far out of town and they informed me they had acquired Tyson in a horrible state. The local dog warden and police authority had removed Tyson from a man's home after reports of him being beaten and extremely malnourished. The pound had gave him to the rescue to recover and get vet treatment before looking for a new home, he was so underweight he could not stand. I honestly sat and cried for hours after hearing the horrible home my mother had sent him to. I'm grateful he was saved. But I decided to try to adopt him back from the rescue, I sent them all his pictures from he was a puppy and as he was growing up to prove I was a previous owner. And after 7 months I got to visit him at the rescue. I would do anything to get my dog back and despite my age I was desperate to show them how much this meant to me. At the rescue when they took Tyson out to see me, he was not himself my heart broke, the dog I once knew was a big loveable friendly boy (he had confidence issues but he would be alright if me or my other dog was with him). But whenever i seen him he just seemed broken, his eyes were sad and instead of prancing about he just stood there staring at the ground. He did recognise me though, he tried his best to look happy and his tail wagged and i got kisses and cuddles and they said it was the first burst of energy they ever seen him have and at that point he had been there for two months.
So after the meeting going well, a home check was arranged and paperwork was Signed, as of two days ago my boy is back home with me again - where he belongs. He is still underweight and has cuts and wounds that are healing, but it wont be long until I get him back to his true potential. After being home a day he is already back to his old self, he has quickly remembered all his basic training and manners and just today was running round my garden playing with his ball. I think he knows he's safe now. Forever.
( Tyson was born approximately 11th of October 2014. He is a year and 5 months old. )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are two pictures of Tyson from us visiting and the others are him taken today at home with us :3 see how underweight he is even after 2 months of fattening up, can't even begin to think of how bad he must of been.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow! Your story almost made me tear up! What a beautiful story and I am so glad you are reunited with your baby!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts