Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,993 Posts
I'm sure there are good breeders out there. There are good and bad breeders of anything, but some breeds (and mixes) tend to be more dominated by bad breeders for some reason. It really happens as breeds gain popularity.

One of my biggest issues is with owners - at the end of the day, this is still a mixed breed. I don't think mutts are any worse than purebreds but I have a BIG problem with "designer" owners who put my shelter mutts down because they are pound hounds while their doodle, also a mutt, has a higher price tag that somehow elevates said dog as "better".

It doesn't happen all the time, but it's happened more times than I think it would, or should. I actually had a woman comment once in regards to my terrier mix that she couldn't imagine owning a mutt....as she trotted off with her "Puggle".

· Registered
2,993 Posts
I should also add that if every breeder was truly responsible and honest, it wouldn't matter too much what they were breeding (as long as they're not outright destroying a breed) because their dogs would be far less likely to end up in shelters anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.