Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night around 730pm our dogs were playing, it got quiet and a min or so later we heard screaming. It was Peyton, our beagle mix whom we adopted from Mexico. My boyfriend ran over and picked him up and Peyton was just urinating everywhere. Because of the adrenaline rush my boyfriend did not relate the signs to a seizure until we took him into our net vet (luckily they were open!) due to a red spot on his eye. My concern was he got scratched by a nail or a tooth in the eye. When we described the situation the vets first thought was a seizure. After she said this my bf started saying "Yea he was tense and his mouth was open as he screamed, not closing it, the urinating, the time it took for him to stop urinating was the same time he started to close his mouth" etc etc. My poor baby :( He started acting fine, ate some treats at the vets office, and played with a toy. They did an eye stain and there is no scratch so the vet thinks it could be that he hit his eye during the episode. They also ran some blood work and a urinalysis which we should hear back from them by Saturday.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Oh my scary.

How old is Peyton?

Scooter used to have petit mal seizures (he ate som'thing toxic)

and Critter had a seizure once (stress related, she had fallen into a swimming pool and siezed about ten min later)

I know humans who have siezures and they say they blank out for them, hopefully its that way for dogs too...how sad.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my scary.

How old is Peyton?

Scooter used to have petit mal seizures (he ate som'thing toxic)

and Critter had a seizure once (stress related, she had fallen into a swimming pool and siezed about ten min later)

I know humans who have siezures and they say they blank out for them, hopefully its that way for dogs too...how sad.
Peyton is about 7 months old. He didn't get into anything toxic so that is good. He is very very sensitive so it is hard to guess what happened. Once we get the results back I will update :) If everything comes back normal it is just a waiting game, see if it happens again, how long, how far apart from the first one, etc etc.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Peyton is about 7 months old. He didn't get into anything toxic so that is good. He is very very sensitive so it is hard to guess what happened. Once we get the results back I will update :) If everything comes back normal it is just a waiting game, see if it happens again, how long, how far apart from the first one, etc etc.

yeah when their young the worry is that its genetic...poor little guy.

hopefully there wont be anymore.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah when their young the worry is that its genetic...poor little guy.

hopefully there wont be anymore.
Yea, whatever the outcome we will do what is necessary to prevent or soften them. He is like my child LOL all of my dogs are but me and him have always had a tight connection that is why we got him, he fell for me instantly and didn't care for anybody else around. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts