Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about our small shelter dog before. Ever since he came back from the groomer he is obsessed with being right on top of me and my husband. If he sees my husband working on his laptop he will sit directly on top of his computer. He nudges right against us and has to lay right on us. I understand he loves us, but could there be another reason for this??
Sometimes he will go to his crate and cry to himself randomly too.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
You haven't had him terribly long, correct? What do you know about his life before he came to you?

I think he sounds like a dog that was probably insecure anyway, was uprooted from his home (who knows what kind of home, or if he was passed around a lot before), taken to shelter/rescue, eventually made it into your home, and then was taken somewhere else to be groomed - which no doubt feels weird.

Even if his home before you was idyllic, he's still been through a LOT. It's not really abnormal that he would attach to you so strongly - he's scared and desperate for stability.

Just take it slow. Offer him a kind word and comfort when he needs it. If you give him a secure, supportive home it will pay off big time in the long run.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts