Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had so many wonderful dogs through the years and I just thought I'd share their stories with you all (short but sweet, i promise):

1. Duffy and Bogart (dobermans, 10 or so years ago) -we got both of them from a breeder uncle who gave them to us separately for Christmas. they served as guard dogs over the years and are both buried in the backyard of our old home.

2. Lovely, Samantha and Sadey (dachshunds, over the last 6 years) - Lovely we got from our vet (a saint of a guy who has been our dog doctor for well over 15 years now), she was the mother-figure of the 3; Sam we bought from local pet store but contracted Distemper and after a couple of years and slowly deteriorated because of it; Sam was the youngest of the bunch and was obese! There was a time when we had all three running around our house, what fun memories those were...

3. Missy - a miniature pincher; also was around about the same time as our three dachshunds; a very feisty little girl who would get into fights with Lovely over food and our affection; one day she ate a poisonous frog and died a couple of days later.

4. Wanda - Jack Russell terrier (two years ago); a sole pet at a time when we thought we'd never get a dog again after all the heartache of loosing them in the past; she was our alarm system/mascot/toy all rolled into one. She'd tickle us all pink with her patent howl and acrobatics. Two year ago in Sept she contracted Leptospirosis after a flood in our area the month before. She rallied bravely and was a trooper throughout the long hard 3 mos after that. She died one week shy of Christmas 2006.

Those were our dogs, all with his/her own unique personality; all of them loved and missed.

Now, we have Einstein -he's 2.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Aww they always steal our hearts :) Thanks for sharing :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts