Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old male, neutered coton de tulear. He is general a good family dog, but he does growl alot whenever he gets moved if he's laying down or "disturbed". And he hates any kind of violence -the kids wrestling around, the other dogs playing... He has never bit anyone before, though, until now. He bit my 4 year old son in the face the other day and left a bruise and teeth marks on his cheek. :dog-mad: He was laying on the floor and my son went to lay down with him. I know he didn't hurt him or mess with him to provoke it because I was there and saw it. I don't like the idea of having to get rid of him, but I much moreso don't like the thought of him injuring one of my kids or someone else seriously. And if we do decide to get rid of him, how do I go about finding him a good home - someone without small children and who will love him and be good to him?

·
Registered
2 Posts
dog biting son

The first thing to check with your dog is his health. The fact that he does not like moving around may be indicative of some sort of pain so he's avoiding movement. This could cause him to bite in a reaction to the pain. Please remember that children should never be left alone with any dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.