Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've decided to move up from ProPlan to something better, my vet recommended both of those brands (Orijin and Canidae), which one would you guys recommend? (I'm leaning towards Orijin myself) my dog is a 10.5 month old female Boxer btw, and she's quite the picky eater.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am feeding my Yorkies Orijen because it has more protein but Canedae is also a good food and grain-free. So I think it depends on personal preference. The other brand that is also good is Instinct by Nature's Variety. The chicken formula has 40% in protein. From time to time I switch from Orijen to Instict so the dogs wouldn't get bored with their food.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
I haven't used either, but I do know that about a year or so ago Canidae changed its formula and dogs couldn't adjust, most people switched at that time to som'thing else.

I can't readily get either of those brands, I'd like to try them one day :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
just watch your dogs stool during the transition and make sure it clears up...my dog was on blue buffalo but it was too high in protein for him at his age. he is currently on a lower protein food and his stool is back to normal.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Billy was on Canidae before they switched the formula. He now does very well on Wellness Core - it is also grain free which is what I wanted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts