Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 10 week old boxer, and orange spots started appearing in her poop. She has been eating the same food for the last 3 weeks and this is the first time they appeared. Could these be worm eggs? Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,800 Posts
I've seen this before but I'm fairly sure we never found out what it was.

I'd send the pictures to your vet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most worm eggs are almost impossible to see with the naked eye..
X2 about sending the picture to the vet. If possible, I would get another shot closer up and send them both to your vet..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen this before but I'm fairly sure we never found out what it was.

I'd send the pictures to your vet.
Thanks, I just found out what it was. She's been eating the dried tomatillos that fell over from the neighbors tree. They have many seeds inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most worm eggs are almost impossible to see with the naked eye..
X2 about sending the picture to the vet. If possible, I would get another shot closer up and send them both to your vet..
Turns out she was eating dried tomatillos that fell to our yard. Thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you figured it out! Just beware she doesn't have too much access to the tree since the greens can be toxic or cause digestive issues

Good to know. Thank you. Luckily they are actually figs, not tomatillos which I first thought.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There's so many "people" foods, flowers and things that fall from trees that are toxic or cause digestive upsets in dogs, it's crazy and surprising. Definitely a good thing to check out everything your pup can get into.

Years ago, I had a big grape vine growing on my fence. My dogs used to pick the grapes off. I had no idea they were toxic at the time. Luckily they didn't suffer any short-term issues or longterm that I know of, but I immediately dug the vine out. Scary stuff!

·
Super Moderator
2,800 Posts
Grapes are particularly nasty because the toxin is not understood. Some dogs are fine afterwards, others go into kidney failure. And size of dog/amount consumed is not linked - a Chihuahua can be completely ok after loads, a Great Dane can be seriously ill after a tiny amount.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Grapes are particularly nasty because the toxin is not understood. Some dogs are fine afterwards, others go into kidney failure. And size of dog/amount consumed is not linked - a Chihuahua can be completely ok after loads, a Great Dane can be seriously ill after a tiny amount.
Yeah we were extremely lucky. Still blows my mind how many foods and other are toxic to dogs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts