Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as most of you know, I am looking for another dog. Its just deciding on the breed because we wont be adopting until next year, most likely around June. I have Bubby, and he is a black lab/bulldog mix. Well somesort of bully-breed. I have got many comments on lab/boxer, lab/am.bulldog, and lab/pitbull. We go on a 2-3mile walk everyday, and usually have a 5-10 minute training session everyday. Well, whatever we get, it will have to be a female. Reason #1 is because Bubby will be fixed by that time and I want a female, and reason #2 is because Bubby does best with females. Since Bubby was taken from the litter at 5wks he has some issues, so I want to get a puppy around the age of 2-3 months.
I get home around 4, then I usually have play time with Bubby, we go on our walk, and rada rada. He gets fed in the morning before I leave and at night before I got to bed. I know puppies need around three meals a day so I will probably feed her when I feed Bubby but an extra meal in between.
I just want to have opinions on what breed would be best for my lifestyle, and we have narrowed it down to four breeds.
Pitbull
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Doberman

Now the plan was to purchase from a breeder, but since my shelter has many of these at 2-3 months, I decided to adopt. Whatever the dog, it doesnt have to be purebred. I dont really want it to be purebred, because they have a higher chance of being adopted.
A pitbull would be...not my favorite choice, but I love the breed. They are a little challenging to train, and I probably wouldnt be able to house her and Bubby while I am gone. Ohh and btw, the puppy would probably stay inside a crate in the house while I am gone until around 6months. Then it would stay in the backyard with Bubby.
A golden retriever is my dad's first choice. They are easy to train, and he wants a hunting dog to take with him when he goes hunting. I wouldnt mind getting a golden, but I have other opinions.
A lab is my other choice. If we got a lab, it would either be chocolate or yellow. Since its my dad's house he has to have some take in the choice and he doesnt like Bubby, so I guess that makes him not like black labs :/
My first choice would be a doberman. I have ALWAYS been a fan of the breed, but they are a little big.
Well I just want opinions, and this will probably be my last post about the future puppy we will be getting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely that will happen. lol. Before I got Bubby we were set on a boston terrier, but then we came across the free lab puppies and I knew Bubby needed my help :/

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
I personally like goldens...

tho I think when the time comes, you will just go to the shelter and get whoever "fits" you know? ;)
can't agree with this more! if you try to hard to be specific to a breed, you may miss a really great addition to your family....in the mean time i would take advantage of this time to work with bubby on how he gets along with other dogs......

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts