Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is time that Roxie gets an updated collar. Her cloth one that she has now is disgusting. So because the finances don't allow, I can't spring for a Paco collar just yet, but I have decided to get her a Hill Top Leather collar. So now the question is, which collars?

This is Roxie

And this is the collar that I am wanting to get her.
Padded Collar | Hill Top Leather Shop

Roxie has always been in either purple, green, or grey. Right now her cloth one is green and grey. I was thinking maybe Lavender, and maybe dark brown? It's hard not being able to have the colors together.

Also I am also considering getting Forbes one eventually too. I was thinking for him Royal Blue and Black.

Forbes for reference.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think the lavender or the purple would look great with the brown on Roxie!
Blue is definitely Forbes' color (I'm partial to brown leather, but the black would look good too)!

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't be against the brown on Forbes but I'm just not sure how it would. Ordering online makes me nervous.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Tell me about it! The black would look awesome too! I just really like brown leather in general so I know it's what I'm going to prefer :p
You could order Roxie's first and then you would have a better idea of what the collars/colors look like?

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Lavender. Their purple, from what I was told, is extremely dark.

And I think Forbes would look amazing in the blue with tan. Tan sets off their copper trim so nicely. It's the only leather I'll put on Pike.

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The more and more I look I really like the example they have of the teal and dark brown so I am thinking I may do Lavendar and dark brown on Roxie. I really like the teal but my fiance really wants her to be in a more feminine color because he says the green one she is in now makes her look like a boy... I think he is crazy. She has extremely feminie features I think but whatever.

I am thinking for Forbes the Royal Blue (I feel like ultra blue is too bright) and the medium brown to make his copper pop like what @AmandaNola said.

I messaged them on FB to see if they had any examples of the lavender (Also thanks for the heads up on the purple, I thought it looked dark) and the dark brown together. I did measure their necks yesterday with Roxie being 16 inches and Forbes being 14 inches.

Also thank you @zoorun and @AmandaNola for recommending them. It's great to know they are good quality at a really affordable price.

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I googled a picture of the lavender and I am afraid it might be TOO light, almost looking pink. She is not a pink girl by any means, or more so I am not a fan of pink. @AmandaNola do you happen to have any pictures of the lavender one you have? I really like the picture they have of the Kelly Green and Dark brown and I think I am liking the Teal with Dark Brown for Roxie. Forbes is most likely getting the Royal blue with Medium Brown. No name plates. Same color stitching as the padding. I have been looking at this stuff all day...

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So order is placed. Roxie got a medium Lavender and dark brown collar with Chromed brass, and no name tag (not a huge fan of name tags), and Forbes got a Royal blue and dark brown medium also with chromed brass. My fiance wasn't a fan of the light browns at all so this is a compromise. I am really excited.

Thank you everyone, especially @AmandaNola. Between what you said here and your blog this really helped me pick. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Pictures when they arrive please!

·
Super Moderator
9,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They are Here! And I really like them! The quality is awesome. I am impressed!

The only thing that stinks is actually my bad. I must have measured them tighter then what they normally wear or what I am use to. They are on the last hole for Roxie and the 2nd to last hole for Forbes. My fiance likes them a little tighter, I think I just need to get use to them.

I tried to get pictures of them wearing them which is impossible. Forbes disappears into his hair and Roxie doesn't hold still.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me pick. And I would really recommend Hilltop Leather!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts