Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My boyfriend and I got our puppy Paco a few weeks ago. The breeders said he was a mix chihuahua and american bulldog and possibly shepard. Many people are saying he looks chihuahua and resembles red nose pitbull. We called the owners and they said they don't know the father and they never even had the father. What do you guys think!? Paco is a little over 3 months and has the body of a chihuahua but has the upper body of some sort of bulldog and has many wrinkles on his forehead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No offence to you in the least, he is the cutest little thing, but anytime I here tiny breed (like chi) and big breed (like American Bulldog) I have to pause and think about how that mating worked...? Was there a step stool, maybe one of them crouched...? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeaa yea I get that a lot haha but the vet said it is possible just that if the mother was the smaller breed and the father is a big breed (supposedly the case with his mother being chihuahua and shepard) that the mother could have died giving birth? But his mother was not as small as you think of the typical toy chihuahua..my bf said a little bigger than a shih tzu (still relatively small). I am just curious as to what people believe he looks like.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Colorations and markings at this age makes me look at Siberian Husky x, smaller than a Shepherd.
Very cute.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I am seeing chihuahua X min pin...?

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
He is adorable. My guess/hope is he's a chi x min pin, too.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Please refrain from purchasing from "breeders" like this in the future... Large dogs and small dogs mate all the time, male normally being the small breed tho.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I would actually say this is a chi/min pin or chi/dachshund cross due to coloration and head shape. Is the body long like a dachshund?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Chi x Min Pin has my guess. I don't see any Dachshund, even for a puppy the nose is too short and square and the head too domed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea my bf found the ad in craigslist and he surprised me with the puppy and the "breeders" lied and finally told us that they took in the mom who was pregnant and they claim she was shepard x chihuahua mix and claim the father was either english bulldog or jack russell terrier. And he does seem a little long to me, I'll post a pic of his length tomor. Only reason I mentioned pitbull was because a few ppl aske me if ot was a red nose pitbull? Also, are mini pinschers strong or built because my puppy has that V chest and when he walks you would think he had bulldog in him.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
You'd be surprised what dachshund mixes look like as pups ;) I only mentioned it because the last 2 shots give it a very slight dachshund mix look. But it is more likely min pin/chi. It could be all 3, or even more than 3!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I'm involved in Dachshund rescue. ;) I've seen quite a few Dachshund mixes, as puppies and adults. :)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
We will have to agree to disagree, but like I said, I see it more likely to be min pin, just see dachshund in the face since having a last litter of a dachshund mix litter recently at work. Only time will tell as she grows.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Hmmmm at closer look of the entire face/head the ears definitely look min pin or chi. I would be interested to see photos as she grows to see if any other breeds show through
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 22 Posts