Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
New to the site, but I have been very curious to truly figure out what kind of breed my Moose is. So we were told he is a Morkie, but he is wired haired, huge paws, and a large snout. He does have the colors of a terrier for sure. Moose's legs are a little stubby and he is kind of very low to the ground. He is very smart, full trained at 5 months and still learning new things. Loves being outside. Very loyal to me and love being around children and other dogs. We have been suggested maybe jack russell terrier mix or maybe even doxin. I will attach a picture of my Moose and would love to get suggestions on what my little guy is!

Kelsi

Attachments

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm not sure what a 'morkie' is, I assume one of the many designer mixed breeds. As a mix you can get any combo of traits, every puppy in the litter could look completely different. I think I see yorkie and maybe dachshund too. Do you have a photo of him standing?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Oh my gosh he is cute! My in-laws also have a morkie (as long as your morkie stands for maltese yorkie mix), and yours is waaaaay cuter than him. I see dachshund in him, and he looks bigger than Baloo who is 5lbs at the age of 4.

Here is a photo of Baloo the "morkie" for comparison (obviously the one on the left)

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 2.36.17 PM.jpg

·
Registered
405 Posts
What a cutie! My guess would be Wirehaired Dachshund and Yorkie.

I'm not sure what a 'morkie' is, I assume one of the many designer mixed breeds...
"Morkies" are Maltese/Yorkie mixes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I agree, he most definitely looks like a Dachshund mixed with a Yorkie. I have a Maltese/Yorkie mix and while they never have an exact look, they typically don't look so terrier-ish. Their hair is usually lighter and silkier. Moose also has a dapple sort of look to him. That's a definite Doxie feature there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.