Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a one year old husky about a month ago. The first week was very hard. She was so terrified of everything and she had a nipping problem. She was biting because she was scared not to hurt me she wouldn't let me touch her at all. She refused to go outside and used it all over my house. She finally warmed up to me and I could take her outside but she refuses to potty outside. She will only use it on a puppy pad. and she let me start giving her baths and she would even lay on the couch with me. Then she started barking everytime i put her in her kennel and all night long. Nothing i did to make her stop works. Its even gotten to the point that its so bad, the neighbors called the cops for a disturbance. And she poops in the kennel everytime she is in there and smears it all over. Now she started menstruating about a week ago and she is starting to be aggressive. She will show her teeth and growl at me and try to bite. What do you think her problem can be?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh gosh, sorry you are going through this - it sounds stressful for both you and the dog.

Aside from being in a new home, it sounds like she wasn't very well socialized previously. Ie., she hasn't experienced many things as a puppy, so now those things seem scary to her.

Looks like you will have to train many things with her from scratch, just like you would train a puppy. That includes training her to potty outdoors...she may not be used to pooping on grass. Although rereading your post, you mention growling and a little aggression...hopefully someone can jump in and offer advice on that.

Is she motivated by treats or a play toy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts