Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 13th, it will be one year since this beautiful boy died of hemangiosarcoma. Nami, our newest puppy will be getting her rabies shot on the day too. This was Shiloh and he was a chow/akita mix

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm so sorry for you loosing Nami. She was a beautiful girl.
Shiloh is the one who died. Nami is our replacement puppy we got to patch the hole in our hearts. It is sad that all I will think about is his death while at the vets office. :(

·
Registered
893 Posts
Shiloh is the one who died. Nami is our replacement puppy we got to patch the hole in our hearts. It is sad that all I will think about is his death while at the vets office. :(
My apologies. I thought I changed the name before posting. I feel for you, the sadness can be overwhelming. There is a saying I say from what I believe in; when a dog passes they become a shining star watching down on you forever.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My apologies. I thought I changed the name before posting. I feel for you, the sadness can be overwhelming. There is a saying I say from what I believe in; when a dog passes they become a shining star watching down on you forever.
I believe when a dog passes, they stay until they know that we are fine and have moved on then themselves. I have a feeling Shiloh was there the day we got Nami and helped us pick her out. Nami was the first one to run up and say hi to us

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I had a little dog once, named Shilo...spelled differently but pronounced the same. She was not a typical small dog. She wasn't nervous about anything...thunder storms didn't scare her, dogs didn't scare her, nor was she one of those barking, yapping little dogs for all of her 8 pounds. She was just always always happy. She use to 'skip' when she moved...she rarely walked...she skipped...lol.

I miss her a lot sometimes...she's been gone now for about 13 years now. You never forget them and their little quirks and personalities. But I've found that the pain of missing them does ease as the years pass. It's good when you can get to a point where the memories bring on smiles and not tears or absolute heartache.

Shiloh looks like he had a beautiful dark glossy coat, and Nami...her coat by comparison, total opposite as far as the coloring - multiple colors and a light coloring overall compared to Shiloh's dark coat. That tan and white with the pink on top of her nose....cute.

Funny thing...when my dogs passed away, my next dog was usually something a 'little' similar but usually different colors...didn't want a dog that looked too much like the one I lost. But my cats...my very first one, Ashley, lived 21 year and was a grey tuxedo and every cat I have had since her have been grey tuxedos. I think over those 21 years with Ashley I kind of just got use to seeing a grey and white cat moving around the house and it just felt uncomfortable in not having that.

Stormy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.