Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
The only thing that will really help her energy level is exercise and mental stimulation. Have you considered a puppy class?

As for feeding, some dogs are just food hounds and some just aren't. I've got one of each, haha. I'd say 90% of the time I opt for separation as it is easier. However, we've been incorporating mat work into some meals - when my other two are eating, I have my fast and pushy eater eat in his mat. I have an electronic treat and train and he gets kibble through that as long as he lies on his mat. If he gets up to steal food from the other dogs, I pick their bowls up and wait until he lies down on the mat again before I press the button to release more kibble. He's caught on pretty fast!

Another thing you can do is feed your puppy in a separate room but put her food in a treat puzzle, like a Kong Wobbler. It'll take her longer to eat (and exercise her brain!) which will hopefully give your other dog time to eat as well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.