Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I took our dog to visit family today. We recently switched flavors of food just shortly before the trip. He didn't really eat much before we left. I brought his food and treats but he stayed away from them for the most part.

While with family he got some table scraps behind our back for the most part. He had bread and some rib meat. Well he now hasn't crapped in over 24 hours and i'm a little worried. So could it be the lack of his normal food, or could the bread cause him some issues? ( he finally really ate the new dry food tonight with out problem.)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hm. I don't think the bread could cause problems like this but if the meat was fatty and he got a good amount of it it could cause colitis, so keep an eye out for bloody diarrhea. I would put a call in to your vet just to check and see what they think if he doesn't poop this morning. It could possibly be if he wasn't eating any of his food he just doesn't have much to digest? I'd still expect at least one poop in 24hrs though. Perhaps could be something about the new food too.
Good luck, hope you have poo soon. =P
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the reason he didn't but after getting back on his normal schedule he was able to poop. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.