Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I want to ask. In older dogs Jack Russel over 10 years, how often would you combine granules, cooked meat with side dish and vegetables and fruits with something dairy? It came to me as the best combination most often give meat, offal + vegetables and side dish, sometimes the granules themselves and quite rarely need white yoghurt with black fruit. I don't want to feed him just granules, I don't trust them. Thanks for the feedback. PS: when my dog occasionally knock legs but not winter what it can be that muscles weaken ??? Thank you for comments.

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum.

By granules, I think you mean ready made dog food? I don't know where you are, but here some are excellent, others are poor. So it is important to choose well.

To make your own food, a good mix is 80% meat, 10% offal (and 5% of that should be liver) and 10% bone. Vegetables, yoghurt and fruit (never grapes or raisins) are all good too.

10 years is not old for a Jack Russell!

How bad is the leg knocking - is it like a shiver or is it like banging?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi... So I know for small dogs it's not that old. But 10 years is already some age and it seems to me that after 10 years it has hit him. As I wrote occasionally his legs were knocking. The food I want for him quality so I do not believe granules. I gave the fruit fresh with white yogurt, but only occasionally. The basis was meat + offal + side dish and raw and cooked vegetables. Occasionally various premium / premium premium granules etc ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts